Whether it’s on the stage of our events, in our online posts (like this one!) and our Climate Curious podcast, we want to give trans and non-binary people the platform to share their experiences and ideas.
Conversations around trans and non-binary people have become incredibly toxic and hateful in recent times. Looking beyond Pride Month, we want to take a moment to re-share our many talks by, or about, trans and non-binary people and their communities. We believe showing the depth and breadth of experiences of trans and non-binary folks can help challenge hateful, simplistic or stereotypical narratives.
We stand in solidarity with the trans and non-binary community. We believe all trans and non-binary people deserve the rights to live and love freely and without fear.
TEDxLondon talks supporting trans and non-binary people beyond Pride:
1. Why trans and non-binary joy is not radical – by Ben Pechey
2. Why the ban on conversion therapy must include trans people – by Nancy Kelley
3. The Power of Radical Vulnerability – by Ugla Stefanía Kristjönudóttir Jónsdóttir and Fox Fisher
4. Why we need to build trust to create diversity in institutions – by Dr Clara Barker
5. We are more than the sum of our parts – by Adam All and Apple Derrieres
6. Why feminists should support transgender rights – by Amelia Abraham
7. How I embrace contradiction as a queer Muslim drag queen – by Amrou Al-Kadhi
8. Support for trans people isn’t radical – it’s urgent – by Jamie Windust
9. A queer journey from shame to self-love – by Tom/Crystal Rasmussen
10. Being non-binary in Bollywood – by London School of Bollywood
11. Why we need to listen to trans people tell their own stories – by Leng Montgomery
12. Using Drag to deconstruct, express and reclaim my gender identity – by Adam All
You can share which talk resonates the most with you by tagging us on social media @tedxlondon.