Our Code of Conduct reflects our values of curiosity, friendliness, open-mindedness and respect. We want to move beyond limitations, boundaries, categories and labels, and to build solutions to challenges we face as a society.
We have created this Code of Conduct for everyone involved with TEDxLondon events: speakers, volunteers, staff and attendees. Please read through this page to fully understand the values that underpin TEDxLondon. By agreeing to be part of our community, you are agreeing to act with honesty, transparency and integrity in order to uphold these values.
By being a part of TEDxLondon you agree to the following values and behaviours:
- You will look out for other TEDxLondon speakers, staff, volunteers and attendees.
- You understand that homophobia, racism, ableism, sexism, transphobia or any kind of behaviour that discriminates against a group or class of people will not be tolerated. This includes any behaviour before, during or after TEDxLondon events both online and offline.
- Respect the privacy of others; please ask for permission if you would like to take pictures or selfies of people you do not know.
- Being disruptive, drinking alcohol excessively, stalking, following or threatening anyone will not be tolerated and will be reported to the relevant authorities where appropriate.
- There is absolutely no tolerance towards any abuses of power, including abuses relating to position, wealth, race or gender.
- There is absolutely no tolerance towards sexual harassment of any kind. Sexual harassment includes any unwelcome sexual attention and inappropriate physical contact.
Report any behaviour that contravenes TEDxLondon’s Code of Conduct using this online form.
- We will investigate thoroughly any incident that violates the Code of Conduct, by using the TEDxLondon name-optional reporting form to let key TEDxLondon Directors know immediately.
- We will investigate all incidents reported at an event with discretion and confidentiality.
- We reserve the right to bar any person who violates our Code of Conduct from attending TEDxLondon in its entirety or in part (without refund), to cancel the speaking/volunteer arrangements of the person with immediate effect and/or to pass relevant details onto the police where appropriate.
- We respect any privacy or confidentiality requests of our speakers, volunteers, staff and attendees.
- We respect the boundaries of our speakers, staff, volunteers and attendees.
- We do not tolerate any homophobia, racism, transphobia, ableism, sexism or any kind of behaviour that discriminates against a group or class of people. We actively seek to educate and raise awareness of discriminated and/or marginalised group(s) through our programme of events and activities.
- We will not tolerate any abuses of power, including abuses related to position, wealth, race or gender. We work with honesty, transparency and integrity in all of our dealings, both internally and externally.
- We do not tolerate any form of sexual harassment. We actively seek to educate and raise awareness of sexual harassment and gender inequality through our programme of events and activities.
- We aim to create spaces that encourage debate and discussion without risking the boundaries, safety and integrity of our staff, attendees, speakers and volunteers.